Brand Corporate Identity
30.4.2026 - 24.7.2026 / Week 1 - Week 14
Aw Wen Chia / 0368828
Aw Wen Chia / 0368828
Advance Interactive Design / Bachelor of Design (Honours) in Creative Media
/ Graphic Design
TABLE OF CONTENTS
2. Tasks
INSTRUCTION
TASK 1
Week 1:
We were introduced to the module and given a task to come up with a
category to make a brand in. I chose to do an animation studio and
to name five existing brands that align with the category I chose.
Week 2:
I was tasked with naming five existing brands that align with the
category I chose.
Since I chose animation studio I chose:
- Glitch Production
- Mercury Filmworks
- Dreamwell Studios
- SpindleHorse Toon
- Studio Heartbreak
We were then tasked with researching them.
Week 3:
I continued with our research about five brands. To make it easier I
made a presentation slide.
Week 4:
I then moved on to making my own brand design. At first I started by
thinking of what my brand represents, and I wanted to move to a
direction that is more friendly and non-cooperate.
This week was mostly thinking.
Week 5:
Then I started thinking of a brand name. I remembered encountering
many discussions about representation in media and how it can hurt
people in real life by having misrepresentation or no representation
at all. So I thought of making my brand try to combat that issue by
making a brand that wants to highlight underrepresented or
misrepresented communities.
So for my brand name, I thought of a "cheeky" pun and came up with
"eyesee". For the pun of I see. As you need your eyes to see. It is
also from the quote "I see you". As the brand I was thinking of
wants to spotlight underepresented groups, therefore making people
see them.
I then started sketching logo, I did not consult my lecturer pior
to drawing the logo, which was my mistake. Therefore, I was
fortunate that he liked the name and I could actually use the
sketches.
Unfortunately for me he did not like any of the first sketches and
told me to look at other types of logos.
Week 6:
I then went back to the drawing board and came up with new ideas for
the sketch.
Fig , Logo sketches
My tutor said he really liked the box-eye design I came up with and
told me to make the pupil something that represents "see", as the
eye already represents an eye.
My tutor liked the earth, sparkle and rainbow sketches, I went with
rainbow as I thought it aligns to my brand the most.
Week 7:
I then started digitising my logo in Adobe Illustrator. I first made
the grid for the logo based on what I had in mind. Then use that to
make my logo.
Week 8:
After finishing the logo, I then pivoted to the colour and
typography.
Fig , Progress
My tutor said that the logo looks alright, but to change the typography and have black as the primary colour, I then went looking for other typography that matches my brand. A few caught my eye and I complied them.
My tutor liked Balsamiq Sans and Concert One, I went with Balsamiq
Sans as I preferred it.
Fig , Final Logo Design
Week 9:
I then complied everything I did above into a presentation slide.
Task 1 Presentation Slide:
TASK 2
Week 10:
Our next task was to think of 10 words to turn into assets. I
started with:
- Flower
- Pencil
- Paper
- Mascot Chilling
- Hug Mascot
- Mascot Blanket Pillow
- Geometric
- Ladder
- Flashlight Mascot
- Lantern Mascot
- Pillow
- Felt
However, he only approved of:
- Pencil
- Paper
- Mascot Chilling
- Hug Mascot
- Mascot Blanket Pillow
- Flashlight Mascot
- Lantern Mascot
And told me to think of 3 more words to make assets out of.
Week 11:
Week 12:
In week 1, my tutor told me that if I planned to make an animation
studio brand, I should be prepared to make a mascot. So I did, and
after I sketched some of the based asesst design, I thought of
making 2 mascots as my brand is about inclusivity and community.
He approved the 2 mascot idea but said to explain why there are 2
mascots instead of the "2 is better than 1" explanation.
I thought about what the mascot represents for the brand, and with
some help, I gave them names:
Isaiah: The "Eye (I)" in Eyesee Studio, represents the
strength, empowerment, and modernity in the animation community.
Cecelia: The "See (Ce)" in Eyesee Studio, represents the
kindness, honesty and tradition in the animation community.
After that, I started on the assets, I basically pretended they were
stickers as I was drawing them.
Week 13:
With the assets out of the way, I went on to the mockup. I discussed
with my tutor and sketched out 2 posters, stationery, website, and
postcard.
Posters: It's an animation, it's going to have animations.
Stationery: It can be associated with animation, as it is the
foundation of animation.
Website: All of the animation brand I researched, no matter
how big or small has a website explaining their works.
Postcard: It is used to represent communication and
community, it also ties in the traditional aspects.
With the mock-ups and assets, I then also worked on the brand book.
All of it done in Adobe Illustrator.
Week 14:
I then compiled all the work I did into a presentation slide.
FINAL PRESENTATION SLIDE:
FEEDBACK
Make sure to see what the unique selling points of the chosen 5 brands are.
Make more varieties of the logo sketches.
Have the brand name represented in the logo.
Make sure the typography matches the logo.
Do not have the colours clash with each other in the logo.
Do not make the brand mascot randomly, think of what it does for the brand.
REFLECTION
Honestly, this module was so hard but quite rewarding, my tutor was there to help me, so I felt secure in my work. Unfortunately, due to circumstances, I could not consult him for the final week and had to go off what he said in Microsoft Teams, while it was hard, I managed to pull through.
For the module, I did enjoy a lot of aspects of it, especially the mascots, I think they are adorable. And I now know the basics of building a brand, while I do not think I have come close to be good at it, this is certainly a step in the right direction.

.png)
Comments
Post a Comment